X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loudthud
    replied
    Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
    Amplified Parts (AES) rocks! One of my favorite sources of luthier tools and other stuff.

Steve A.

I always see them at guitar shows. They usually have scratch and dent items for cheap on the first day.

Leave a comment:

• John_H
    replied
    I ordered one of the parts express L-Pads. It's hard to not try one for $13. Thanks for the heads-up Ronnie.
    Originally posted by Steve A. View Post
    Amplified Parts (AES) rocks! One of my favorite sources of luthier tools and other stuff.
    Amplified Parts is an excellent vendor. I love their sales. It's usually a big % off of the whole order.

Leave a comment:

• Steve A.
    replied

Steve A.

Leave a comment:

• John_H
    replied
    Originally posted by olddawg View Post
    I've had really good luck with the $12 100w L-pad from Parts Express. I put one in an 18 watt build recently. Works fine. I also would probably never buy a 5 watt amp kit when you can buy well a functioning VJ off of Craigs List for around $80.
    Yeah, I could've bought another VJ, but this has nice components, and it's point to point.

Leave a comment:

• olddawg
    replied
    I've had really good luck with the $12 100w L-pad from Parts Express. I put one in an 18 watt build recently. Works fine. I also would probably never buy a 5 watt amp kit when you can buy a well functioning VJ off of Craigs List for around $80.
    Last edited by olddawg; 06-12-2018, 06:43 AM.

Leave a comment:

• John_H
    replied
    Originally posted by Chuck H View Post
    This is a simple resistive attenuator that works a treat. I didn't have much luck with commercial L-pads.
    Thanks Chuck. Me either. I've had better luck with fixed value simple l-pads, but I might give that one a try.

Leave a comment:

• Chuck H
    replied
    This is a simple resistive attenuator that works a treat. I didn't have much luck with commercial L-pads.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• John_H
    started a topic Mod 102

Mod 102

https://www.modkitsdiy.com/kit/mod-102-guitar-amp-kit
    I bought one of these kits for myself recently. I missed having an amp this size, and this looked like the best value for a complete kit. It comes with decent transformers, a nice chassis, and very easy to follow instructions. It's a solid little amp that would a good choice for any beginner. Follow the link for a schematic.

I think I must have forgotten how loud a five watt can be. It seems to have good characteristics when cranked, but it's too much. I ordered a bunch of resistors, and I've been playing around with L-Pads with the ambition to find a sweet spot of attenuation for this little amp. I used to have a Valve Jr. that sounded incredible through a L-Pad.
Working...
X