5e3 voltages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5e3 voltages

Does anyone know where I can find a list of actual voltages for the original 5e3. The schematics (orig fndr) don't list them and I've searched on the here forum but can't find anything either.
    Thanks

when you find them remember that the wall-voltage at that time was 110.

Comment

IIRC the voltages aren't on the schematic, but some of them are on the layout diagram.
      "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

370/375 on the power tube plates. You might be able to calculate the voltage drops on the other resistorsd in the B+ line.

Comment

"when you find them remember that the wall-voltage at that time was 110."

I know , and thanks, but I'm just interested in the average voltages for the original as a comparison. Is 320 volts ac per side about right for an original PT B+, unloaded, if it were actually fed 110 on the primary?

There are many ways to get there, once you know where your going.
          Thanks
          Ian

Comment

Originally posted by studioit View Post
            " Is 320 volts ac per side about right for an original PT B+, unloaded, if it were actually fed 110 on the primary?
            Ian, 320 is way too much imho. That'd give you 410/390 with the stiffest of the rectifiers. There may be a trick, if you have enough rectifier heater voltage you could use two 5U4 in series. Or may be if you have a spare pair of amps on the 6.3, you could stuff an EZ81 in series with your rectifier to drop further the voltage.

HTH.

Bye.

Max.

Comment

320v is what the PT Mission sells is listed at(MA20).
              Some are even higher - Mercury Mag has one that's 350 v.
              Thats why I'm curious what the original voltages were.
              Ian

Comment

weber has one listed at 340 v and triode electronics has one that's 350v
                They all claim to be correct.

Comment

Originally posted by studioit View Post
                  weber has one listed at 340 v and triode electronics has one that's 350v
                  They all claim to be correct.

Hell, yeah for a deluxe reverb may be, not for a tweed!

Comment

Working...
                  X