Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Princeton Chorus - 1988 Loud HUM from speakers

Greetings to all...my first post......

I have acquired a 1988 Fender PC and has a loud hum....pulled the chassis connected up and turned on.... traced to the large caps in center of circuit board. So I gently pushed on each cap and the hum went away...hmmm first issue identified...just need to solder.....

Next issue is that the Jack-1 seems to have a short / open or something...while I know a guitar doesn't go in J2 I plugged in and amp works.... but not Jack-1.

So....any idea where I can buy this part ?

I can't make out the numbers but am thinking it's either a 025931 or 031570...

Can anyone verify ? Would Fender carry this as a replacement part ? Other suppliers ? Also any idea of the cost ?

Thank you for your help.....

31570, but Fender gave it a new number for individual packed jacks. It is the "stereo" jack, the one with 9 legs. They'll know.

AES would likely have the jack, and any Fender parts seller can get it for you if they don't already stock it.

But have you just resoldered the jack? Might be all it needs. And look at the pc board traces closely, are any of the traces broken? A new jack wouldn't fix that.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
      31570, but Fender gave it a new number for individual packed jacks. It is the "stereo" jack, the one with 9 legs. They'll know.

AES would likely have the jack, and any Fender parts seller can get it for you if they don't already stock it.

But have you just resoldered the jack? Might be all it needs. And look at the pc board traces closely, are any of the traces broken? A new jack wouldn't fix that.
      No I haven't soldered anything just yet, I am in the fact find stage....simply pushed on large caps to dissappate the hum....now the J1 is a problem...could be someone yank on it and pulling a cord out or something ....

Comment

Working...
      X