Ampeg G15 Reverb : What next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ampeg G15 Reverb : What next?

The reverb on my 65 Ampeg G15 has disappeared. I have inspected the tank (looks ok)
    but I still have an issue with what the "in and out" impedances should read(Hammond/Gibb "C" type-yellow tape on transducers). The footswitch seems fine. Replaced reverb circuit tubes. The reverb tank leads seem fine( although I have yet to pull the chassis).Cleaned male/female RCA connections. All to no avail. What next? Capacitor? Which one? Any other ideas? Help Please.

Divide and conquer. Does it make a big noise if you dime the reverb and bang on the amp? If you touch the center conductor on the return cable does it the speaker buzz or can you drive it with a signal source like a an ipod or something? You want to know where in the circuit the problem is. Send, tank, or return?

Comment

Hey Dawg,
      Thanks for the reply. When I tap the tank,I don't get the crash,boom,bang we all know so well. I do get a buzz from the tank output cable though.

Comment

Measure the resistance across the RCA jacks on the tank (out of circuit). Not knowing the actual impedances is not really a big deal. Just look for an open. If you find one, you've found your problem. If it's the tank, it sounds like it's probably the output transducer...

Comment

Working...
        X