Trouble with 2006 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trouble with 2006 Deluxe Reverb Reissue

Hey I was at a gig last night and I went to fire up my Fender deluxe reverb as usual and I got this cracking sound like a blown speaker when I hit a note hard then if I tried to use the reverb I got a put put or motor boat sound sound I looked up a trouble shooting reference online and they said the put put noise is probably the decoupling capacitors in the B+ part of the preamp stage. This is not a very old amp and it has worked fine for a couple of years. But any way I took it apart and downloaded a fender parts breakdown but I can not figure out which capacitors they are talking about. Usually if the capacitor is bad and it is electrolytic it is puffed up like a jiffy pop but i don't see anything wrong I do have a fluke that checks capacitance. Any help would be appreciated.Kevin

Try cleaning the tube sockets. You should also check the solder joints where the sockets meet the board.

Chuck
    "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
    You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

No I tried touching up a few joints now it is even worse just a loud crackling noise

Comment

C31,32,33,34,35. On a seperate small pcb.
        My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

pdf64 has been exactly right on these hunches before so do check that out. But the fact that you messing with it made the problem worse has me voting for dirty, corroded or loose tube sockets.

Try turning the amp on and physically manipulating the tubes by rocking them shallow and gentle in the sockets. Does the amp sputter, pop, squeal or make any odd noises?

Chuck
          "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
          You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
          X