Crate Vintage Club 50 - Low Power

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate Vintage Club 50 - Low Power

I've got a Crate Vintage Club 50 that's suffering from a lack of power. Here's what I've done to trouble shoot so far:
    • Checked continuity across the legs of the effects loop jack with no plug. Everything checked out, I went ahead and gave a good spray down with some contact cleaner just to be sure.
    • Plugged straight into the effects loop. The sound is full and powerful when I plug in here...leads me to believe the issue is in the preamp stage.
    • Checked out values on the opto-couplers. I'd read that these tend to go bad. When the respective channels were on I was reading from 600 to 1K on the "resistor" side, which is right where they should be based on my calculations.
    • Measured B+ voltages. This is where I'm seeing a pretty big discrepancy from the testpoints labeled on the schematic (which I've attached).

Test Point - Chart - Measured
      TP18 - 381V - 461V
      TP19 - 391V - 471V
      TP6 - 308V - 397V
      TP5 - 290V - 379V

The voltages are off by 80-90V, but they're off in the power amp stage as well, which leads me to believe that that's not the issue here. Anyone have any ideas to give me a shove in the right direction?

Crate Vintage Club 50 - Schematic.pdf
Working...
X