Problems with my E300T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with my E300T

Last year some time I bought this super awesome amp, the eden 300t. I suppose it's meant to compete with the ampeg svt everybody loves so much. this amp ruled forever and is a thunder beast! one day, my cabinet got unplugged without me noticing. As we all now, turning a tube amplifier on without a speaker load kills amplifiers. What a shock, I turn on my amplifier and there is a large flash inside the amp (I removed the front face plate and replaced it with plexiglass so one can see the beautiful insides). I don't quite remember if the flash was after I turned on the power or flipped the standby, but I'm pretty sure it was post standby flippage. Now the amp turns on and all the tubes light up but I get no sound. Luckily I have a super sweet sunn 1200s for a backup but this amp is way cooler and I would really like to fix it. There's not a tech for 100+ miles so I'm kind of on my own. Any guess as to what happened? I have not pulled the chassis out yet. Considering how bright the flash was I'm guessing one of those massive kt88s died, but all the tubes light up so no way to confirm this. Any guesses as to what happened?
Working...
X