Resitor replacement and power rating.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimdom View Post
    After further inspection, I have found that the speaker has very very little defelction in it. maybe just a couple of mm in either direction, and when it is moved it makes a scraping noise.

when I removed the cloth from the panel the speaker is mounted in, I found that the cloth had been put back with some regular normal size stationary staples as opposed to the larger/stronger upholstery staples. There was also some bluetac like material around the edge of of the speaker?!?!?

So it seems I have to replace the speaker, now I have to make a decision on what speaker to get!?!?

I have attached some pics of the current suspect speaker.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16067[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16068[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]16069[/ATTACH]
    Cheers

Dom
    Yep....its roasted. You can push the cone inward and hear it scrape when pushed and released.
    The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

Hello,

i bought an ATS 60 Amp because it sounds really cool at small price. Recently it began sometimes to crunch at lower volume.
      I want to try rescue this nice thing. Does anybody have a tip? What are usual known problems?
      Do i need special rights to download the schematic? I receive always just one pixel.

Thanks

Comment

Hughes & Kettner ATS 60 Service Manual

I have reloaded the SM.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks! You made my day!!!

Comment

Hello

I also have a Hugues and Kettner ATS sixty Guitar amp. It lacks the mains transformer . I just wanna know which output voltages I need to get it running.
            On the service manual of the amp, I can only see 6.3 V for filament but I don't know the other voltages.
            Can you please help me!

Thanks guys .

Comment

You´ll do fine with:
              * 6.3VAC 300mA or more; you´ll probably get 500mA or 1A but strictly speaking, 300mA is enough
              * 28+28VAC to 30+30VAC 1.5A or more , you might find 2A or 2.5A , still reasonable.
              * 250VAC 50 or 100mA

Please tell us where you live, best answer depends on that, don´t think you can get an original transformer in any case, but might find a large one for the main supply and a small one for 6.3V and 250V or you might kludge a couple back to back 220:6.3 and 6.3:220 small ones to feed the tube or you might have one custom wound with full specs or you might pull a similar one from a dead amplifier.

All possible solutions, best choice depends on Country so please fill in your Country data.
              Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Hi J M Fahey !!

Thank you so much now I know what transformer to use!!! Have a nice week end!!! You just saved a great amplifier!!!

Comment

I live in Mauritius. I will ask someone there make a transformer like this for me. Thanks you so much !!!

Comment

Originally posted by mich cel View Post
                    I live in Mauritius.
                    May I ENVY you ?????

Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

aaahhh yes thanks. Sure Mauritius is a small island but it is beautiful.
                      This mountain near the sea is called Le Morne. It is a UNESCO world heritage. Gorgeous!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mozwell View Post
                        ATS60 and ATS120 for reference
                        Check the headphone socket, you may be having a poor connection on the switch in the socket.

Good day,
                        I am looking for a circuit diagram for the ATS 120.
                        Can someone help me?
                        Thank you

Comment

Here is the ATS120 service manual.
                          Attached Files
                          Originally posted by Enzo
                          I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Thanks alot

Comment

Working...
                            X