Red Knob Twin Channel one is not working at all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Knob Twin Channel one is not working at all

Got a red knob twin on the bench right now and the cement resistors r128 and r129 were disintergrated so i ordered replacements 30k and 2k7 from D Rieley got them today and put them in. now No channel one, I also had to wire a jumper as the trace coating was worn off in alot of areas on that end of the board and it was arcing. Ive got voltage to all points except the end of the 30k that runs to the caps and the black wire that looks like it goes to ground had to stop for the night. gain channel works fine channel with and without foot switch clean channel ZIP, nadda, nuthin....Both channels were working how ever the resistors were falling apart and It was brought to me cause the main issue was the volume would suddenly get REAL loud, told him to smack the top to see it it would stop and he said it did so i was figureing it was just a poor joint and a tune up/ clean sockets and pots... Red knobs sound good for the clean but I hate working on them cause the boards are crap in them Any sugestions as i will be digging back into it tomorrow????
Working...
X