Crate onboard amp tuner flashes, but does not work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crate onboard amp tuner flashes, but does not work

After assembling a Crate BT-220, I tried the tuner but it doesn't respond to the bass guitar. the center green LED which indicates the string being in tune just flashes once a second. I believe the plug to the board is in correctly. I was badgering with the tuner previously when trying to figure out how to disassemble the unit. Maybe I broke it? Anybody got any ideas?

Originally posted by booj View Post
    After assembling a Crate BT-220, I tried the tuner but it doesn't respond to the bass guitar. the center green LED which indicates the string being in tune just flashes once a second. I believe the plug to the board is in correctly. I was badgering with the tuner previously when trying to figure out how to disassemble the unit. Maybe I broke it? Anybody got any ideas?
    Did you ever figure out the tuner module issue? I have a BT1000 that has the same periodic flash issue with the tuner.

Comment

I have never seen any documentation of the tuner board.
      The best that I can do is show where the signal originates in the preamp.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, Jazz! I was getting the +15V, ground, and signal at the tuner, but it just has the periodic flash. The board is glued into the plastic housing pretty good and doesn't look like many components on it, but I don't think it's worth the hassle to try to disassemble the tuner module. I did find only one online that was pulled from an amp before, but they want $45 plus shipping for it. I'll find out next week what the customer wants. I'm leaning towards telling him to just ignore it and use an outboard one.

Comment

You have checked there is signal on the tuner board, if there is and there is no information on it as it is not a Loud Technologies product, (probably was made by Boss) not a lot can be done.
          Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
          If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Thanks, Jon! I didn't realize Loud didn't make the tuner, but as you said, not a lot can be done. I will find out Tuesday what the owner wants to do. It's a relatively inexpensive amp and an outboard tuner is what I'm going to recommend.

Comment

Working...
            X