Fender Super-sonic 22

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Super-sonic 22

Thought I'd post this....This amp had two problems...the first...no reverb...the rca patch cable was bad...simple.....the second...footswitch wouldn't work...actually it would burn up R100 on the main board...a 10 ohm 1/4W resistor... checked the footswitch assy and it tested fine...could not find anything wrong....If you removed the set screws from the din cable metal housing, then the footswitch would work...however, if the set screw was installed in the end of the cable that was being plugged into the back of the amp, the footswitch wouldn't work....and it didn't matter which end of the cable you used...so I thought that the screw was shorting something out when installed but if that was the case, then the problem should happen no matter which end the screw is installed..it could be installed in one end and the other end could be plugged into the amp and would work fine....anyway, I got my hands on another cable because I was leaning towards the amp being the problem...turns out that the damm cable is the problem...But I can't find anything physically wrong such as pinched wiring or a strand of wire causing a short when the screw is inserted...very strange...To get the amp back out I just replaced the cable...when i get a chance I am going to have another look at that cable to see what the problem is.....but if somebody else runs into this problem.....suspect the cable..even though it might look like an amp problem...the reason why I didn't just swap out the cable first is because I didn't have one...only for that I would have done it....however....it would be nice to know what is actually wrong with the defective cable anyway....and don't forget to replace R100 as well.....
Working...
X