Bogner Shiva Schematic?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bogner Shiva Schematic?

Anyone out there have one? Bogner wasn't any help. I have a customer with a really early Shiva that has an intermittent ground issue and a non-functioning boost, and I'm fairly sure he isnt interested in paying me to backwards engineer a schematic on a double sided + middle layer pcb!

Thanks!

How interested are you in having the schematic? Reverse engineering the amp is the only way you're likely to get one...

Comment

Yeah that I could do, but I'd be doing it on my own time since I'm pretty sure the guy doesn't want to pay to have that done.

What I was hoping was that some kind soul had already done that and was willing to share!

Comment

if you search for Bogner Shiva, you'll find that I've also asked for that schematic. If anyone has it and reads this thread, please help us.
        "Stand back, I'm holding a calculator." - chinrest

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Sorry - I did that once with my hand drawn Soldano SLOD schematic. The next thing I knew it had been converted to a CAD drawing (with added errors) and was being sent to everyone, and a whole clone scene developed from it...

Comment

AH! So YOU are the one to blame!

"I happen to have an original 1955 Stratocaster! The neck and body have been replaced with top quality Warmoth parts, I upgraded the hardware and put in custom, hand wound pickups. It's fabulous. There's nothing like that vintage tone or owning an original." - Chuck H

Comment

Not sure why anyone would clone these things... I mean, the transformers etc arent cheap. By the time you do it and put the time in to build it, you should have got the original because it would be worth more.

Plus, if I were going to clone it and post it, I would'nt blink twice at the idea of reverse engineering it. Amp companies that wont up with the schematics need to get that through their heads..... if I really wanted to clone your amp, I could reverse engineer it. I dont really want to have to reverse engineer it to do a minor repair however.

Comment

i don't have any interest in cloning one. i'd just like to look at the circuit, to enhance my understanding of tone. i've looked at hundreds of circuits that i've never bothered to build.

Comment

Lots of companies are paranoid today. It seems almost every manufacturer believes that if they hand out diagrams, their amps will be copied. IMHO most of the amps today wouldn't be worth the trouble to 'reverse engineer' to clone them unless you actually live in Indonesia or something... so why bother?

Ken
                  www.angeltone.com

Comment

Working...
                  X