Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vibrolux Problem

Hi All

Last week I just bought a brand new "custom" Vibrolux Reverb, but there seems to be a problem with it. To begin with I thought it was the footswitch, and maybe it is but i just dont know.

The footswitch is a two channel one where you can turn on either the reverb channel or trem channel, or have them both running at once.

When the reverb channel is on, if you then turn the trem on, it works fine but when you switch it off again, the amp emits a loud pop.

I took it to an engineer who thought that it was something to do with a faulty capacitor in the trem circuit, or could be an earthing issue.

Im hoping someone here might be able to give me some ideas?

shoot, don't Fenders have a 5-year warranty?

Take it back and let them fix it for you.....opening it up probably voids the warranty.

Comment

The engineer just had a look at the footswitch and found no probs so im having it sent off to fender to sort out. If there's a problem they will give me a new one. Mind you, im half tempted to take the cash from a refund and put it towards a SF deluxe reverb... Good idea?

Comment

Sweet amp, the s/f Deluxe, but don't expect much clean headroom. The s/f Vibrolux has a bit more but still gives you the nice fat smooth deluxe-type overdrive when you open it up.

Comment

The footswitch assembly is just a switch and some resistors and LEDs. If the amp pops it may well be a problem in the switching circuits inside the amp.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I just sold my SFVR on craigslist for a very reasonable price.....I know there are others out there!

Get a "real" Vibrolux!

Comment

Originally posted by Alex R View Post
              Sweet amp, the s/f Deluxe, but don't expect much clean headroom. The s/f Vibrolux has a bit more but still gives you the nice fat smooth deluxe-type overdrive when you open it up.
              I did a hard'ish blues gig last Friday night with a player using a 1974 SF Deluxe Reverb and a small Tube Works 12" ext cab, in medium sized club that could seat about 90-120 people
              I DO NOT play quietly at all nor do I do the lounge/dinner thing, but we got nothing but complaint after complaint, ...all night long.... that the guitar player was monsterously too loud and my musician friends who came out, said he was kinda bright/clean and painfully, way too much out front of the entire band.
              Most probably lost the gig forever because of it.
              Gear:
              600 watt PA into two 15" with horns and two smaller 12' floor monitors, bass player was using an SWR with a single 15" at around 250 watts, piano was into a 100 watter with single 12".

With the right average player, I can not think of a single, mature, club scene in this area that a BF, SF or reissue Deluxe Reverb would be too dirty at any normal volume.
              Truthfully, around here, a good sounding 15-18w Princeton Reverb with an ext cab is a much better match for any really good stage sound.
              Way too many wanker tasteless guitar players think they are the star and need to be heard above all else.
              Sorry, but that is total BS and untrue in the real performing world.
              Legends in their own minds.
              Bruce

Mission Amps
              Denver, CO. 80022
              www.missionamps.com
              303-955-2412

Comment

This is not a channel-switching amp; the footswitch simply has on/off switches for the reverb and tremolo (bias-modulation style).

Comment

Originally posted by Bruce / Mission Amps View Post
                  Way too many wanker tasteless guitar players think they are the star and need to be heard above all else.
                  Sorry, but that is total BS and untrue in the real performing world.
                  Legends in their own minds.
                  Same the world over. I fronted too many bands where the guitarist pointed his HRD at my head & tried to deafen me with the killer beam of highs (I know you didn't mean that kind of deluxe!). Then moaned cause my harp amp started to howl cause I gave up trying to be reasonable and cranked it loud enough to be heard over him. Been there. Still, an oldstyle deluxe won't stay with a rock-style or otherwise muscular drummer, which is what a lot of the guitarists who come my way need to do. Also the country players like it really clean and you have to turn a deluxe down a little bit too low relative to the drums, if they're loud, to get a nice twang. I do think the deluxe is best seen as a soft-overdrive kind of amp. The vibrolux is still softsounding but will just give that bit more sweet clean volume. imho.

On the other hand any band that can play DOWN to the level of a deluxe on 4 - including the drummer - will get plenty more bar gigs than the loudness gladiators we've all played with.

Comment

Working...
                  X