Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Marshall TSL-100/122 Amp Head Interconnect Cables List attached

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Marshall TSL-100/122 Amp Head Interconnect Cables List attached

    I have a client's Marshall TLS-100 Amp Head in with crackling. Initial findings were not even getting output signal, or just barely....only leakage, so I was well past looking for the mentioned Crackling. I pulled up my schematics for the amp, and, to make life wonderful, the schematics don't show what connects to what from each of the schematic pages.....apart from the Reverb schematic TL-10-63-02.

    So, not even sure if all the grey and blue cables were all properly connected (assuming they were), I stopped to compile a list of all the connections labeled CON xx. And, just for sake of completeness, listed each board's CON numbers followed by their destination. I just got thru verifying each board's list, fixing the few mistakes I had made.

    And, having just removed a little sliver of tissue found in the input jack, I now have signal flowing thru all three of the preamp channels, so I'd guess the list is accurate. I'll await conformation on that.

    TSL-100 Amp Head Interconnect Cables List .pdf
    Marshall_jcm2000_tsl100_100w.pdf
    Last edited by nevetslab; 10-30-2019, 05:34 PM. Reason: Added TSL 100 Schematics
    Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

  • #2
    Experienced pro that I am, I had to learn the hard way about the MUTE switch on some MArshall panels...

    I think I recently posted this, but here is my version of teh TSL connection list
    Attached Files
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

    Comment


    • #3
      Great!
      I always label them and pretty much know where they go from reputation, but this will make it easier when I eventually forget.

      Got one on the bench now with a few problems.

      Trying to determine if the board is conducting

      It has the correct bias feeds, but is a light green board.
      I need the check the serial number.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Experienced pro that I am, I had to learn the hard way about the MUTE switch on some MArshall panels...

        I think I recently posted this, but here is my version of teh TSL connection list
        Enzo, mind elaborating? Is this an actual mute circuit problem or operator problem? I have a TSL 100 with *very* low output, but I took one look at the mess of cables and connectors and put it to the back burner.

        Comment


        • #5
          Some models have a mute button on the front panel. Push it in and the amp is muted - silent. I was saying I have had an amp on the bench and had pushed the button in by accident, and spent way too much time trying to "fix" it. Then I noticed the mute was pushed in. Pushed it back OFF and amp was fine. Duh. I won't do that again.

          On your TSL100, look at the two buttons right next to the power switches. First one says OUTPUT MUTE
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Enzo View Post
            Some models have a mute button on the front panel. Push it in and the amp is muted - silent. I was saying I have had an amp on the bench and had pushed the button in by accident, and spent way too much time trying to "fix" it. Then I noticed the mute was pushed in. Pushed it back OFF and amp was fine. Duh. I won't do that again.

            On your TSL100, look at the two buttons right next to the power switches. First one says OUTPUT MUTE
            Yeah, that one didn't change anything when I tried it. I was hoping there was some known issue with the mute circuitry.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Enzo View Post
              Experienced pro that I am, I had to learn the hard way about the MUTE switch on some MArshall panels...

              I think I recently posted this, but here is my version of teh TSL connection list
              I must have missed it when you posted this. THAT's the way to put sense into all of these Marshall amps with the cajillion jumper cables! Excellent drawing!

              Any chance you also have one for the JCM 2000? I haven't tackled that one yet, and have just been going off a drawing that often gets misplaced having the mating connection details.
              Last edited by nevetslab; 10-30-2019, 05:42 PM.
              Logic is an organized way of going wrong with confidence

              Comment


              • #8
                I only relatively recently found the chart I posted above, for a long time I had the listing you posted.


                As to JCM2000, no I don't, and I have to point out JCM2000 is a series, not a model.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by nevetslab View Post
                  Any chance you also have one for the JCM 2000? I haven't tackled that one yet, and have just been going off a drawing that often gets misplaced having the mating connection details.
                  Did you mean JCM2000 DSL 100 or something?
                  When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Anyone ever notice the clean channel on the TSL100 hums more than the other two channels?

                    Every one I've seen is like that.

                    So far bias is holding steady on this one after fixing some other problems.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by drewl View Post
                      Anyone ever notice the clean channel on the TSL100 hums more than the other two channels?

                      Every one I've seen is like that.

                      So far bias is holding steady on this one after fixing some other problems.
                      I've had that happen with my Peavey Triumph, IIRC on that one there are some noise reduction diodes on the gain channel.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        The noise reduction diodes remove high freq stuff like noise and hiss, not hum.

                        If I had to guess, I'd wager the dirt channels have less bottom end. They roll it off so the overdrive doesn't turn into mud. Just a thought.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by drewl View Post
                          Anyone ever notice the clean channel on the TSL100 hums more than the other two channels?
                          I've seen it several times in old models. The system I use to identify those amps susceptible to it (with the same origin as the bias drifting) is looking at the switches. Screen printing is also different in that area.
                          Hum problem in clean channel (with the effect more associated with volume than gain) I have sometimes seen before that the drifting bias. In some units, both at the same time.

                          Click image for larger version

Name:	rocket.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	855955

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                            The noise reduction diodes remove high freq stuff like noise and hiss, not hum.

                            If I had to guess, I'd wager the dirt channels have less bottom end. They roll it off so the overdrive doesn't turn into mud. Just a thought.


                            They usually exhibit the hum even with all clean channel controls turned down.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Pedro Vecino View Post
                              I've seen it several times in old models. The system I use to identify those amps susceptible to it (with the same origin as the bias drifting) is looking at the switches. Screen printing is also different in that area.
                              Hum problem in clean channel (with the effect more associated with volume than gain) I have sometimes seen before that the drifting bias. In some units, both at the same time.

                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]55831[/ATTACH]
                              Hmm, interesting.
                              This one has the later curved switches. Maybe in between the two different boards.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X