Preamp Tubes missing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Preamp Tubes missing

I have a PRS SE50 Combo with two 6L6 and no preamp tubes in place. It as three 12ax7 and three 12at7. I have been looking for a schematic and for a tube layout, but i cant find it.
    Can you guys help me?
    Attached Files

Have you contacted PRS?

I have no drawings, but faced with this I would look at the circuit. I might assume the one wired to the reverb transformer was an AT7, and likely the phase splitter, the one next to the power tubes, as well.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I have sent an email, but still waiting. they have the owners manual but its slight different.
      I assume that the 3 tubes on the right will be the 12ax7.

https://www.prsguitars.com/documents...Amp_Manual.pdf

Comment

I might look at the plate resistors. 12AT7 generally will have lower values. Like 47k instead of 100k... sometimes...
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you, Enzo. You are right. The just answer to me

"Thanks for contacting PRS Guitars.

The three 12 ax7 tubes in the SE 50 AMP are in the input, lead and clean positions. These are the preamp tubes from behind the input in order to the reverb tube. The reverb tube is a 12AT7. Directly behind the reverb tube is the effects loop tube [12AT7] and the tube over is the phase Invertor also a 12 AT7."

My english is not very good, but i think the tubes on the side of the power tubes sockets and the one closest to the reverb transformer are the 12at7.

Comment

ECC83 are the same as 12AX7.
            It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Working...
            X