Laney TT50H No Outout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
    That's on the variac? Sounds good so far. If going up with the variac and the reading on the hum balance pot stays in the mV rather than volts, you should be ok I think.
    Previous readings were without tubes. Now with all tubes in, full power(no Variac), 442vdc @ R43, 13vdc @ hum balance both pins. I'm able to get a signal thru efx return and line out only. No preamp controls.

Comment

• That seems kind of high at R43. Caps at either end of it show 400V rating, so be careful. Suggest using variac and not exceeding 400V there. What is the voltage at it's other end? Are all preamp tubes lit up?

What is the DC voltage at either end of the resistor going to the hum pot, R52 ?
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That seems kind of high at R43. Caps at either end of it show 400V rating, so be careful. Suggest using variac and not exceeding 400V there. What is the voltage at it's other end? Are all preamp tubes lit up?

What is the DC voltage at either end of the resistor going to the hum pot, R52 ?
        With Variac and all tubes installed, R43 @400vdc, R52(0.0mv/0.0mv), and hum balance pot is about 5vdc both pins.

Comment

That seems kind of high at R43. Caps at either end of it show 400V rating, so be careful. Suggest using variac and not exceeding 400V there. What is the voltage at it's other end? Are all preamp tubes lit up?

Also R52 reads 98.3 ohms resistance

Comment

• What is voltage at both ends of R43 ? Are all preamp tubes lit up?
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

What is voltage at both ends of R43 ? Are all preamp tubes lit up?
              All preamp tubes are lit and R43 with Variac on is 400vdc/392vdc.

Comment

• Are you up to full voltage on the variac yet, or still at reduced line voltage?
                Measure DC volts at all preamp tubes pins 1 and 6 and post your results.

Comment

Are you up to full voltage on the variac yet, or still at reduced line voltage?
                  Measure DC volts at all preamp tubes pins 1 and 6 and post your results.
                  Full power R43(435vdc)
                  v1(#1-262vdc/#6-289vdc)
                  v2(#1-371vdc/296vdc)
                  v3(#1-435vdc/241vdc)
                  v4(#1-373vdc/303vdc)
                  v5(#1-435vdc/239vdc)
                  v6(#1-293vdc/282vdc)

R52(0.00vdc/0.00vdc)
                  Hum balance pot (12vdc/12vdc)

Comment

• What does the resistance of R43 read?

Comment

• There are 2 versions of the amp in the schematic package. I may have been looking at the wrong one. Although 8V across R43 seems wrong in any case.
                      Are C37 and C23 in your amp 400V rated, or 450V ?

Comment

What does the resistance of R43 read?
                        R43(0.453k ohms) resistance

Comment

There are 2 versions of the amp in the schematic package. I may have been looking at the wrong one. Although 8V across R43 seems wrong in any case.
                          With board back in, only one I can read is C2 and it shows 450v. If that doesn't help, let me know and I'll pull the board again.

Comment

There are 2 versions of the amp in the schematic package. I may have been looking at the wrong one. Although 8V across R43 seems wrong in any case.
                            I can see C22(450v) also.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

R43(0.453k ohms) resistance
                              I think that is 470 ohms. It is supposed to be 4.7K ohms. That is why the voltage drop across it is only 8V. So it needs to be changed.
                              Other than that, if it has the higher voltage rated caps, like the later revision schematic shows, those 435V readings are not a problem. The high voltage at the hum pot is no longer there so I'm sure it is not smoking anymore.
                              Change that resistor to the proper value and you should be good to do sound test.

Comment

I think that is 470 ohms. It is supposed to be 4.7K ohms. That is why the voltage drop across it is only 8V. So it needs to be changed.
                                Other than that, if it has the higher voltage rated caps, like the later revision schematic shows, those 435V readings are not a problem. The high voltage at the hum pot is no longer there so I'm sure it is not smoking anymore.
                                Change that resistor to the proper value and you should be good to do sound test.
                                Had two(2) new extra resistors for R43. Used two(2) different dmm's.

Comment

Working...
                                X