New Supro 1610rt No reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry about that.
    It doesn't have a reverb transformer. The input is connected to a coupling cap and then it goes to pin 8.
    The voltage on pin 8 is 221v and on pin 7 it is 219v.
    Pin 6 is connected to a power supply node. Pin 1also connects to a power supply node on the other end of the board.

Comment

Originally posted by pontiacpete View Post
      Sorry about that.
      It doesn't have a reverb transformer. The input is connected to a coupling cap and then it goes to pin 8.
      The voltage on pin 8 is 221v and on pin 7 it is 219v.
      Pin 6 is connected to a power supply node. Pin 1also connects to a power supply node on the other end of the board.
      Thanks.
      Seems I was right about the cathode follower. Now your high tube voltages make sense.
      - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

BTW, the 47k cathode resistor has to dissipate just above 1W and will get hot. You might want to use a 2W or 3W metal oxide type. The (physically) larger the better.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Thanks again for the help. I put a 2watt metal oxide in and it’s working great. Nice sounding amp.
          the owner said he or someone plugged in an effect pedal into the foot switch jack then it got knocked off of the amp and became unplugged. This is when the reverb stopped working, when the 47k opened. Maybe he tried to use it as an effect sen/return not realizing it was the footswitch and one of the output jacks. I need to ask him

Comment

Working...
          X