Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trace eliiot TA35R reverb issue

Hello people
    I have a trace elliot TA35R with no reverb. i have a tank that i can't find any info on Belton BS3EA3C1A
    i don't know how i can work out what one to get . Solid state drive using TL074

thanks Mr A

Here is a link to reverb tank codes. https://www.amplifiedparts.com/tech-...specifications Ignore the BS (hah) at the front of your number. I don't know of a type 3 tank, but why not, I guess. I think in general you want to get the input and output impedance right (or at least close), the decay time is a personal preference thing, usually longer for guitar than for PA, get the mounting orientation right if you can (I have had it bite me when I tried to cheat). For the tank type I believe the differences are typically the tank length and number of springs, so you can compare your tank to a type 1, 4, 8, or 9 and choose what you think will be closest to the original.

Comment

thanks one question
      my tank according to the web page is input 600-800 ohm.
      but the only coil that is working is reading 75ohm. Written on the coil is 800 .
      Written on the output coil is 600 , but this is open circuit
      so am i correct to say that the coil should be 600-800, but my coil is shorting somewhere ??
      Mr A
      Last edited by Arbutt; 08-27-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

The DC resistance is different than the impedance. 75 ohm DC resistance is right for 600-800 ohm impedance.

Comment

And open is open, which indicates either a broken wire or a bad transducer.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X