blackstar dc power jack replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blackstar dc power jack replacement

Anyone have an idea where I could source one of these? If it were mine I'd just cobble something together, being for a store not so sure.

Thanks,
    nosaj
    soldering stuff that's broken, breaking stuff that works, Yeah!

What part is broken? If it's the jack part, you could dremel it off the plastic plate and use a DC jack with a nut.
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Yeah its the jack part, was just pondering the very thing. not sure I have one in stock have to go to the Ham shop for that( Here in our neck a ham has taken to a flea market booth and offering a better than Radio Shack selection)
      nosaj

Comment

Or just order that one, pass the cost along to the customer, and get on with your life.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

They're out of stock, or I'm sure he would.
          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Except that one wasn't available. So I thought I'd ask for any other suggestions.
            nosaj

Comment

Oh...

Then I like Dude's idea. I have never seen that exact jack with the wide plate.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Ok here is what we went with. I took an on hand dc jack enlarged the hole a little on the black plate(Dc jack has a lip on it so it doesn't go through hole all the way). Took some black epoxy and welded it together, cured in the oven 1 hr. Put it back together. Dc power pack plug is dodgy. Found a nos suitable end wired it in . Heat shrinked the end and left some for pulling action. Fired it up amp is a little interesting but basically just a line 6 style amp in stereo Blackstar Stereo 10 idcore.

nosaj

Comment

What is the size of the jack (i.e. ID and OD measurements of the barrel)?

Comment

Its already gone back to the owner. So I don't ave any info for you.

nosaj

Comment

Working...
                    X