No announcement yet.

Marshall Valvestate 80V Clean Channel Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The TL071 is a single output Jfet input opamp.

The 5532 is a dual output bipolar input IC.
    The two IC's are not compatable.

There is nothing inherently 'weak' in the TL071 design.
    You would have to specify what you do not like about it to find 'a better' opamp.
    Attached Files

Comment

Just looking at availability perspective. I order from Digi-key and could not find any TLO71. I thought it was unavailable, but I just saw that mouser carries it. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by misterc57 View Post
        I order from Digi-key and could not find any TLO71.
        Any chance you used the letter 'o' rather than number zero in your search? Digikey shows over 5000 TL071 in stock for me. Their part # 296-7186-5-ND

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
          Any chance you used the letter 'o' rather than number zero in your search? Digikey shows over 5000 TL071 in stock for me. Their part # 296-7186-5-ND
          Exactly what I did wrong. Now I found them! Thank you again

Comment

Is this post to necro too tango? I have an 8080, and it makes no sound save a light hum from the speaker, and the channel lights do not come on at all. Does anyone have any ideas? I would just post a new thread, but I want the fellows who made this fellows dream happen to see it. Would anyone be so kind as to assist me? 5201A op-amp?
            Last edited by Hector; 08-08-2022, 06:14 AM.

Comment

Actually, your instinct was correct. Start a new thread for your unit. It gets confusing discussing more than one unit in a thread.
              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Thank you Enzo, this I shall do.

Comment

I'm new here, and can't even figure out how to start a new thread. Anyone want to throw me a line?

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                    I'm new here, and can't even figure out how to start a new thread. Anyone want to throw me a line?
                    Do you see a '+ new topic' button near the top of this linked page? https://music-electronics-forum.com/...hooting-repair
                    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

G1: Funny, I kept going to the new topics tab, and never saw that button. I don't think it was there before, but I could certainly be wrong. Thanks dude. I can't post my problem now...

Comment

G1: My mistake, that wasn't a new topic button. Where the hell is it, or can I even post? I am not sure whether or not I want to kill or die.

Comment

Originally posted by Hector View Post
                          G1: My mistake, that wasn't a new topic button. Where the hell is it, or can I even post? I am not sure whether or not I want to kill or die.
                          if you click on the link in post #24 above, you should see the following, if not, what do you see, and what device and browser are you using?

Click image for larger version

Name:	new topic.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	966405

Comment

G1: Thanks man. I apologize for my flopping around. I had to go to the repair/troubleshooting section, as outlined in your screenshot. Now I can post, thanks! I appreciate the help!

Comment

Newer thread can be found here: https://music-electronics-forum.com/...channel-lights

Comment

Wow, super cool man, thanks G1!

Comment

Working...
                                X