Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arseny
    replied
    Hello! I have the same problem with this piano. Could somebody upload full service manual?

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Ok, the piano is repaired!
    I identified a faulty fuse/resistor (R131) stopping the 3.3V from reaching the rest of the circuit. This resistor is a small SMD in the middle of a very densely populated board and I could not have found it without the schematic.
    FIY, the F140R seems to be very sensitive to input power as the user of this piano employed a replacement psu putting out 12.4V instead of the 12V of the original PSB-7U.

I want to thank Nosaj and Dmeek again for their decisive help!

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Thank you VERY much Dmeek.
    There's a lot to check for me tomorrow, so I can't say if it will be enough yet.
    Anyway, again, a big thank you!

Leave a comment:

• dmeek
    replied
    They must have got a cease and desist letter from Roland, Several years ago all the Roland files disappeared. Fortunately I snagged it but unfortunately it's too large to post here - 19M

Maybe these are enough?

Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r power switch.png
Views:	446
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	931451 Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r cpu power.png
Views:	419
Size:	309.6 KB
ID:	931452 Click image for larger version

Name:	f140r power input.png
Views:	441
Size:	470.4 KB
ID:	931453

Leave a comment:

• nosaj
    replied
    Ok it is missing now but send your email as for some reason I can't upload it here. you can PM.
    nosaj

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    That would be just awesome...
    But I just cannot find it whatever the key words used for the search and the link does not work... I don't think it is on Elektrotanya unless you can point it to me?

Leave a comment:

• Jazz P Bass
    replied
    Nice!

Leave a comment:

• dmeek
    replied
    The service manual was uploaded to Elektrotanya today.

https://elektrotanya.com/digital_pia.../download.html

Leave a comment:

• Pixel
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    Did you directly contact Roland to ask if they could provide or sell the service manual?
    Try contacting them through a few social media channels...companies pay way too much attention to social media and you might get lucky.

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Still looking for the schematic.
    The power distribution and start-up part would be enough!

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Yes, but they won't...

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    Did you directly contact Roland to ask if they could provide or sell the service manual?

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Still looking for this schematic... At least, the power distribution and start-up part....!

Leave a comment:

• Nyqusit5
    replied
    Yes, that's a good point. I already had a look around and couldn't find one that was even close. The F140R is fairly recent and I couldn't find a digital piano or synth that used the same type of circuit and that had an accessible service manual (the F701 seems to be a candidate for exemple).

Leave a comment:

• Jazz P Bass
    replied
    Maybe there is a circuit that is something close that they have used in a previous model.
    https://www.synthxl.com/manufacturers/roland/

Leave a comment:

Working...
X