No announcement yet.

GK 250ML Blowing Fuse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can only recommend that you try and isolate the noise. Does it happen in both channels, gain on or off, comp on or off, etc. How about through the headphones? Is the noise in the direct out mix?

Comment

Originally posted by 52 Bill View Post
      I can only recommend that you try and isolate the noise. Does it happen in both channels, gain on or off, comp on or off, etc. How about through the headphones? Is the noise in the direct out mix?
      Sorry for the delay. Been busy with house renovations. It does it on both channels. Much stronger sound of it when the chorus is engaged. I plugged in headphones and did not hear it with the chorus disengaged but it was there with it engaged. I also picked it up on the red wire of the direct out very strong using my homemade sound probe. Faint on the gray wire but still there. So with out the chorus engaged it can be heard but with the chorus engaged it is much more present. Also the comp and gain switches have no effect on it.

Comment

I still think that the problem may be with a filter decoupling cap. Which caps did you replace?

Comment

I still think that the problem may be with a filter decoupling cap. Which caps did you replace?
          C98 & 99

Comment

Looking at the schematic, C92 and C96 should also be tested or replaced.

Comment

Looking at the schematic, C92 and C96 should also be tested or replaced.
              Both read 3.9 uf with my meter.

Comment

3.9uf isn't really the test. Your meter tests them at a volt or so. We still won't know how they react when on the job.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I'm guessing this is where an oscilloscope would come into play, correct?

Comment

Might, I tend to watch their function and see if they are doing their job.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                      Might, I tend to watch their function and see if they are doing their job.
                      Not to sound too dumb but some of the aspects of troubleshooting certain components I have no real experience with but always interested in learning. If you are referring to the caps please tell me in laymen's terms how to watch the caps function to see if they are doing their job. Without owning a scope is it a matter of measuring for voltage at a certain part in the circuit with a meter?

Comment

Working...
                      X