No announcement yet.

Ampeg SVT-6 Pro No Output

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• R34(.39/.66 diode test) out of circuit. Will replace those three(3) R4/33/34.

Comment

• D20(0/0 diode test). Will replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
        Relay pin1 should be zero ohms to pin5 when not energized. When energized pin1 should connect to pin4. So at least one of yours is definitely bad.
        HF115F-A 024-1ZS1 will be good sub. (ebay)
        Trying to find 1n748 3.3v zener diodes online and finding 748a(3.9v/.5w). Will this work for replacement? Thanks.

Comment

• I think you misread the 6 for an 8.

1N746 is the 3.3V Zener.

Comment

• Originally posted by Delta362 View Post
            I think you misread the 6 for an 8.

1N746 is the 3.3V Zener.
            Appreciate that! Thanks.

Comment

Relay pin1 should be zero ohms to pin5 when not energized. When energized pin1 should connect to pin4. So at least one of yours is definitely bad.
              HF115F-A 024-1ZS1 will be good sub. (ebay)
              Seems like a lot of zener diodes are bad associated with the mosfets. I've ordered enough to replace probably all of them. Best to go all new you think?
              Last edited by ca7922303; 08-05-2022, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Yes. And in post #181 I think you meant D's instead of R's.
                When you have them replaced (or while removed) re-check those resistors that were reading different than their counterparts in post #130, also R16 and R17 from post #179.
                Originally posted by Enzo
                I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Yes. And in post #181 I think you meant D's instead of R's.
                  When you have them replaced (or while removed) re-check those resistors that were reading different than their counterparts in post #130, also R16 and R17 from post #179.
                  Will do. Diodes(digikey)should be in next week, relays from eBay coming from China might show up 3rd or 4th week of august

Comment

Yes. And in post #181 I think you meant D's instead of R's.
                    Got relays in today earlier than expected from China. These read (OL) between pin 1 &.5 and (0.00 ohms) between pins 1 & 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

Got relays in today earlier than expected from China. These read (OL) between pin 1 &.5 and (0.00 ohms) between pins 1 & 4.
                      That sounds like the opposite of what they should be. This is out of circuit?
                      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Actually what you report matches the relay datasheet. So there may be an error on the schematic as to pins 4 and 5. Or the original relay datasheet has an error.
                        With the relay removed, see which pad on the board is connected to ground, pin4 or pin5?

Click image for larger version

Name:	svt6 relay.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	966578

Comment

That sounds like the opposite of what they should be. This is out of circuit?
                          Yes, measured out of circuit.

Comment

Actually what you report matches the relay datasheet. So there may be an error on the schematic as to pins 4 and 5. Or the original relay datasheet has an error.
                            With the relay removed, see which pad on the board is connected to ground, pin4 or pin5?

Click image for larger version

Name:	svt6 relay.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	16.3 KB
ID:	966578
                            #4 pads are connected to ground.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post

#4 pads are connected to ground.
                              Well that is a major relief. It means the error is on the schematic and the parts you got are correct. ( nevetslab might want to add error to his notes).
                              So the relay that seemed bad was good, (post #175). Not sure if the other original one read the same or not? Maybe they were both good.

Comment

Well that is a major relief. It means the error is on the schematic and the parts you got are correct. ( nevetslab might want to add error to his notes).
                                So the relay that seemed bad was good, (post #175). Not sure if the other original one read the same or not? Maybe they were both good.
                                One reads (0.00) @ pin #4 and one (0.00) @ pin #5 so I'll just replace em both with new and hold on to one as good I guess. I'm still waiting on some 1n4743 diodes on order before I start testing again.

Comment

Working...
                                X