• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Now we know that:

1) Reverb recovery stage works fine.
    2) Reverb drive stage works fine.

Here's another test:
    Connect the reverb output cable to tank and powered amp, reverb control up, speaker connected.
    Connect the reverb input cable to the tank only.
    Now momentarily (!) connect a 9V battery to the open plug contacts of the reverb input cable (may require the use of a battery clip).
    Can you hear the reverberated pulse?
    I'm in the process of moving probably the rest of the week. All amps and related items are in storage or packed to go to storage. Will be able to get back on this hopefully by the weekend. I appreciate all the great help and extreme patience. Thanks.

Comment

Now we know that:

1) Reverb recovery stage works fine.
      2) Reverb drive stage works fine.

Here's another test:
      Connect the reverb output cable to tank and powered amp, reverb control up, speaker connected.
      Connect the reverb input cable to the tank only.
      Now momentarily (!) connect a 9V battery to the open plug contacts of the reverb input cable (may require the use of a battery clip).
      Can you hear the reverberated pulse?
      Tried this test, and not hearing anything?

Comment

• If you did the battery test correctly (amp powered, out of standby, reverb pot up, one battery pole to plug pin, the other pole to outer ground contact),
        this means that the voltage is not getting to the input transducer or the transducer is bad.

As before with cable connected to reverb input, measure DC resistance between the contacts of the open plug.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Here's a funny little story:

Had a reverb contact problem with a Fender amp lately. So I measured the reverb cables (original Fender set with grey insulation, red and grey plugs).
          No continuity at all between both red and grey plugs ??

Finally I found out that each of the cables had one red and one grey plug and I had been measuring between different cables- oh well!
          Last edited by Helmholtz; 10-17-2021, 06:00 PM.
          - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Here's a funny little story:

Had a reverb contact problem with a Fender amp lately. So I measured the reverb cables (original Fender set with grey insulation, red and grey plugs).
            No continuity at all between both red and grey plugs ??

Finally I found out that each of the cables had one red and one grey plug and I had been measuring between different cables- oh well!
            That happened to me before with a new set of RCA patch cables......one end of the cables was Red and the other end of the cables was colored white...and never realized it until later....

Comment

If you did the battery test correctly (amp powered, out of standby, reverb pot up, one battery pole to plug pin, the other pole to outer ground contact),
              this means that the voltage is not getting to the input transducer or the transducer is bad.

As before with cable connected to reverb input, measure DC resistance between the contacts of the open plug.
              Return positive and negative have continuity, send positive has continuity, return does not have continuity.

Comment

If you did the battery test correctly (amp powered, out of standby, reverb pot up, one battery pole to plug pin, the other pole to outer ground contact),

Photo of send jack negative pin connected to outer shield of open send RCA cable showing resistance.

Comment

• Originally posted by ca7922303 View Post
                  Return positive and negative have continuity, send positive has continuity, return does not have continuity.
                  Return negative does not have continuity*

Comment

Not sure what exactly you did here. Generally, please be more detailed.

Does it mean that you checked end-to-end continuity of outer and inner cable conductors?

What I asked you to do is measure the resistance at the disconnected amp side RCA plug (i.e. between prong and ground sleeve of the same plug) of the rev. send cable, when connected to the tank input but disconnected from the amp.

Are the reverb cables original?

What type of tank do you have? Schematic calls for an Accutronics model # 4EB3C1B.
                    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Does it mean that you checked end-to-end continuity of outer and inner cable conductors?

What I asked you to do is measure the resistance at the disconnected amp side RCA plug (i.e. between prong and ground sleeve of the same plug) of the rev. send cable, when connected to the tank input but disconnected from the amp.

What type of tank do you have? Schematic calls for an Accutronics model # 4EB3C1B.
                      Photos attached

Comment

Photos of send RCA cable(disconnected from amp), connected to input of reverb tank, black lead of dmm to shield, red lead of dmm to positive.

Comment

Photos of send RCA cable(disconnected from amp), connected to input of reverb tank, black lead of dmm to shield, red lead of dmm to positive.
                          RCA to input of tank

Comment

Not sure if cables are original, but they test good. Is there anything to the fact that send jack on board, negative pins have resistance( no continuity)? Return negative pins on board do not(have continuity)?

Comment

Ok, now do the same with the tank output:
                              Connect the other cable to the tank output jack (with both cables disconnected from amp) and measure resistance at the amp side RCA plug.
                              And make sure I can read the unit in the display.
                              - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Ok, now do the same with the tank output:
                                Connect the other cable to the tank output jack (with both cables disconnected from amp) and measure resistance at the amp side RCA plug.
                                And make sure I can read the unit in the display.
                                Photo

Comment

Working...
                                X