No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about this MiracleWatt Device/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many devices like the Miraclewatt have been offered to consumers. Checkout the attached ad from 1957. For $2 you could make your car battery "last forever." For an extra dollar you could even have the computer controlled model. It really surprised me that the phrase "computer controlled" was used back then in that context.
    That $3 in 1957 was the same buying power as $29.82 today. Click image for larger version

Name:	1957 Battery Insurance Computer.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	107.7 KB
ID:	943573

Comment

That looks uncannily like the modern lead-acid desulphater units that attach to a battery terminals and use the battery's own voltage to power a buck converter (usually a 555 switching a MOSFET/inductor) which feeds a 50v or so pulse back into the battery. The same claims, pretty much.

Comment

Back then, the word "computer" had some mojo. Kinda like today, they throw around the word "Quantum" when it has no real meaning in the context.
        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Yes. the word Quantum is used a lot lately. Many people use it to describe a big change of something. Little do they know that it is a measure of the smallest amount of something — usually energy — that something can possess.

Comment

Don't you get pretty fed up of hearing these terms to describe pretty much any thing. Back in the 80s everything was turbo. A few years ago it was nano. Now what really gets to me is 'technology' If something contains water it "Harnesses liquid hydration technology". Everything is technology this, technology that. I just bought a stick blender that has "Power Bell Technology" - a little metal tab on the blade.

Comment

Yorkville marketed their tweeter protection as 'CTL Technology'. I think they may have even got a trademark. 'Current To Light', as in, standard protection bulb.
              Originally posted by Enzo
              I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

That's comical. (Only slightly related) Another one that always made me laugh was "genuine wood veneer". In other words, "real fake wood". I guess it does differentiate between wood and a plastic wood colored sticker, but still.........
                "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

I recall a cheap camera advertised as having a "genuine non-achromatic lens."
                  Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                  X