Bugera G20 Infinium sounds bassy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bugera G20 Infinium sounds bassy

Got used Bugera G20 Infinium amp, in perfect factory condition, but it does not sound anything like other people amps on Youtube. Talking about Distortion channel. I even put new tubes, it got a little better but stil not good, missing clarity and presence. Opened it up, everything looks pristine, and new. Any expiriences or ideas???
    Attached Files

Em.... this is an amp head, correct? And if yes, have you tried a different speaker (or speaker cab)? Just want to make sure the speaker itself is not overly "bassy."
    It's not just an amp, it's an adventure!

Comment

Yes it's a head, I am playing it on 2x12 cab with Celestions V30. I am going to try on a friends cab tonight which is mix of V30 and G12T-75. But stil people used it on Youtube with same speakers as mine and it sounded sharper :-(

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2022-04-14 at 18.20.09.png
Views:	224
Size:	21.5 KB
ID:	958197 Removing C67 from the notch filter will substantially increase the treble frequencies. You may need to fit a 47pF capacitor in there.
        Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
        If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Thanks for the idea, I got the amp to sound decent with putting EQ in the loop, I will try removing C67 if I keep the amp, to see how that works :-)

Comment

C67 is an SMD style component but I can careffuly take care of that I believe.. I hate these new amps, I so loved amps where everythng was bigger and accessible
            Attached Files

Comment

Use desolder wick and remove as much solder as you can, Use a pair of small pliers and with a twisting action, twist off the capacitor.
              Or, if your soldering iron has a chisel bit, use plenty of flux and heat up the complete capacitor. It will almost instantly come away.
              Clean the board afterwards with IPA and a cotton bud.
              Support for Fender, Laney, Marshall, Mesa, VOX and many more. https://jonsnell.co.uk
              If you can't fix it, I probably can.

Comment

Working...
              X