Egnator Renegade no filaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egnator Renegade no filaments

This amp is blowing the 5A low voltage fuse, F1, all other fuses are fine, power tubes are pulling current.
    I've got no DC filaments on any preamp tubes, no LEDs, no channel switching.
    I've confirmed I've got 16VAC between the two orange wires from the PT, and the PT has already been replaced once in this amp.
    Where do I go from here?
    Something else that's bothersome is that I've only got 40VDC or so before the plate resistors on all the tubes, leading me to believe I have more than 1 issue..
    RENEGADEsch 8-09.pdf

Originally posted by LarBal View Post
    I've confirmed I've got 16VAC between the two orange wires from the PT, and the PT has already been replaced once in this amp.
    Where do I go from here?
    Check bridge rectifier AC1 for shorts.

Comment

Can I do this accurately with the caps across each diode?

Comment

Yes, as an initial test. If you then measure a short, retest out of circuit.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

The problem is blowing fuses, not just distortion or something. It will be something large. As to removing parts to test, keep this in mind. There is nothing in a circuit that can make a shorted part appear not to be. You can have a part seem to be shorted but not really be. In those cases, if it seems shorted THEN remove it for further tests.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
          X