Valveking 100

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Valveking 100

I turned on my valveking and the light turned on for a second and then went out. The tubes didn't glow and I checked the fuses. Where should I start looking for problems?

Schematic please.
    - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Here ya go.

peavey_valveking_100_212.pdf
      "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

If the power/pilot lamp is not lit, I'd strongly suspect F203. Pull the fuse and check it out of circuit.

Comment

F203 is fine. What else should I check?

Comment

I'd check the main power switch and measure the power transformer for continuity on the primary side. If you have continuity there I would do AC measurements on the secondary side of the PT.

Comment

Did you pull the fuse to check it? If not, you could have been reading continuity across tube filaments.

Comment

F203 wouldn't affect power tube heaters, right? Seems like they should glow as long as the PT is getting and giving voltages.

Comment

Without F203 no heater voltage for all tubes. Look for HTR and HTR1.
                  - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

F203 wouldn't affect power tube heaters, right? Seems like they should glow as long as the PT is getting and giving voltages.
                    Not right, look at the schematic. ALL the tube heaters are wired in series. One goes out they all do. Well if you remove a preamp tube, those three 12AX7s are in parallel but then in series with the series power tubes.
                    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Working...
                    X