Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Wave DG2-30RH head Clean channel too bright

Good morning too you all

I had a customer call me and ask me about his E-Wave DG2-30RH head, I think its a chinese built guitar amp. He says the overdrive channel is fine, but the clean channel has too much treble. I have not seen the amp yet. Customer says he backs off the treble pot right back. It has been to another local amp repair shop close too him and they have done appartly what they can!!

He sent me the schematics one of them below has the mod which has been done

DG-30RHmod.pdf
    DG-30RH.pdf

Modding amp is not my strong point, thought i would leave it to the experts on here !!

Have a good day out there and lets not get zapped by those filter caps

BBB

Try removing C6 (470p), it's the bright cap for the clean channel.

Comment

Thanks Jazbo8 i was thinking that. I'm going to look at upgrading the tone caps if reqd as its a cheap chinese amp, but can't tell until i see it

BBB

Comment

Agree, the original suggested Mod messes with the treble control and does it for both channels, not what's required.
        Pulling (or adding a series switch) the clean channel bright cap as suggested by jazbo8 is the way to go.

As of trying to improve sound by replacing cheap good quality commercial chinese made caps with very expensive cheap commercial chinese made caps disguised as exotic/vintage/mojo/whatever caps is only going to improve the bank account of some scammers who thrive on that.
        Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Working...
        X