Adding a footswitch to a Blackstar HT-1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a footswitch to a Blackstar HT-1

I've got a little Blackstar HT-1 combo that I love for noodling around, and although it's really a single channel with a switchable overdrive function, it would be so much more fun if the OD could be switched on and off by a footswitch to kind of ape some of the functionality of a 2 channel amp. I'm wondering what the best practice for this is because it seems like there are 2 options:

1. Add a non-switching jack in parallel with the panel mounted switch. With the panel switch open the footswitch will turn the OD on/off. With no footswitch the panel switch will still work.
    2. Add a switching jack in series with the panel mounted switch. With the panel switch closed the footswitch will turn the OD on/off. Again, with no FS the panel switch should work as normal.

Is it just a matter of which option makes more sense to solder in there, based on the layout? If the panel switch is on the PCB that looks like option 2.
    Also, does the FS jack need to be isolated from the chassis using a shoulder washer or a nylon jack, or, if one leg of the switch is grounded can I just make sure that gets tied to the sleeve of the jack?
Working...
X