No announcement yet.

Choke for that Peavey Windsor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we both agree that the amp doesn't need additional choke filtering with that high value filter caps
    We do, but I was thinking the OP still doesn't seem to think he has enough filtration.
    Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post

We do, but I was thinking the OP still doesn't seem to think he has enough filtration.
      Actually, no. Helm said this "For my playing style I prefer relatively low value filter caps, which support a little compression. Higher capacitance makes the amp respond stiffer."

So the reason I may still be considering whether to add a choke is that my takeaway is that it would be feasible to add the choke if I wanted a less stiff response and still retain the same amount of filtration.

Comment

Originally posted by bobloblaws View Post

Actually, no. Helm said this "For my playing style I prefer relatively low value filter caps, which support a little compression. Higher capacitance makes the amp respond stiffer."

So the reason I may still be considering whether to add a choke is that my takeaway is that it would be feasible to add the choke if I wanted a less stiff response and still retain the same amount of filtration.
        If you want to get close to the original Marshall sound and response you probably need to copy the Marshall power supply arrangement. And that means lower value filter caps and a choke. But let your ears decide.
        - Own Opinions Only -

Comment

Working...
        X