Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC15HW1 mod for use with UA OX

Hello!

I want to modify my Vox AC15HW1 for use with a Universal Audio OX. It already works great sending the Vox "External SP" to the OX "From Amplifier". But I'd like to also send the OX "To Speaker" back to the Vox's speaker. Unfortunately, the Vox speaker is hard wired to its amp, and there is no unmodded way to make this setup happen.

Looking at the schematics, it looks like a super minor tweak would make it possible to send the OX "From Amplifier" back into the Vox "Extension SP". It should also maintain the all existing External/Extensions Vox features. I'm hoping the good people here can confirm this mod will work, or warn me off a bad idea.

Here's original schematic posted on nikplayer's site: http://www.nikplayer.com/2012/01/ac1...fications.html

Here's the modded schematic.

Click image for larger version

Name:	AC15HW1 extension speaker mod.png
Views:	372
Size:	903.7 KB
ID:	932128

And here's a picture of the jacks. I believe the mod is to cut the far connector between the left and right jacks, and wire the left jack to the red speaker wire on the right side.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3363.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	3.75 MB
ID:	932130

Thank you for the help!
    Attached Files

That will work, but the "existing External/Extensions Vox features" won't be quite the same as before. The difference is that a speaker plugged into the "Extension" jack J28 would now be cut off along with the internal speaker when a plug is inserted into the "External" jack J25.
    -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

Recently I had to install a system in an AC30C2 to access the speakers using an external amplifier. I opted to install a jack with contacts on both poles in order to make it simple as possible.
      - With nothing connected to it the amplifier remains original with the speakers connected to it.
      - Using this jack you can access his speakers by disconnecting the AC30 circuit.
      - Allows you to insert an attenuator between the External Speaker jack and the new jack.

Click image for larger version  Name:	voxspeakers2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	108.2 KB ID:	932148 Click image for larger version  Name:	voxspeakers.JPG Views:	0 Size:	171.9 KB ID:	932149

Comment

Working...
      X