Anyone have experience/tweaks with Sunn Studio Lead 2x12"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have experience/tweaks with Sunn Studio Lead 2x12"

I found one of these in my gf's basement, and it sounds pretty great. I wanna know if anyone knows of any known problems or tweaks with the amp. Are those 10G transducers any good?
    Thanks,

Darrell

No experience, but a photo would be neat, if handy.

Big fan of the Beta series myself.

Comment

if the speakers are alnico, they may be pretty nice. try them with another amp to compare.

Comment

Sunn Studio Lead

Originally posted by darrellcheng View Post
        I found one of these in my gf's basement, and it sounds pretty great. I wanna know if anyone knows of any known problems or tweaks with the amp. Are those 10G transducers any good?
        Thanks,

Darrell
        All I can say is it's another amp I used to own....got it at a yard sale and unfortunatly had to replace speaker.

Comment

Here's a schematic of the amp. You can experiment with cap values but don't expect any big changes. I think the Studio Bass used the same PCB.
          Attached Files
          WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
          REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Originally posted by loudthud View Post
            Here's a schematic of the amp. You can experiment with cap values but don't expect any big changes. I think the Studio Bass used the same PCB.
            I'm having some trouble with my Studio Lead... and the schematics would be of help with the troubleshooting...
            But I can't see the attachment... (all i see is a little white dot...) does anybody have it available?
            Thanks in advance
            Eddy

Comment

There is a problem with the board software with respect to attachments right now. I'll try to attach it again. There could be some conflict with it having the same file name as the old version in which case I'll have to change the name.

Edit: Looks like it's working!

Edit2: The schematic and layout are also posted at the SSGuitar.com forum: http://www.ssguitar.com/index.php?topic=2399.15 You may have to joint the forum to view. The Studio Lead and Stage Lead used the same circuit and PCB, just different cabinets.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by loudthud; 04-19-2013, 03:16 PM.
              WARNING! Musical Instrument amplifiers contain lethal voltages and can retain them even when unplugged. Refer service to qualified personnel.
              REMEMBER: Everybody knows that smokin' ain't allowed in school !

Comment

Thanks Loudthud! And I also found your post on SSGuitarAmp forum...

Comment

Working...
                X