Sunn Beta Lead Output Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunn Beta Lead Output Questions

I have a Sunn Beta Lead head. Love love LOVE the sound. I'm a bit clueless on some of the technical aspects, just a dumb guitar player, so excuse my ignorance in advance. My questions...

The amp has 2 speaker outputs, that I believe are full parallel, 100w @4ohms. Why two? What advantage do you get from two outputs?

What happens to the ohm rating if you use both outputs?

More details:

I want to match this head with a Marshall 1960a 4x12. The Marshall is pretty friendly in terms of inputs; mono @4ohm or 16ohm or stereo @8ohm. I realize I can run one output from the Sunn to the Marshall @4ohm and be done with it. I just want to make sure I'm not missing some nuance or feature I may not be aware of.

Also, I play in a cover band (so I need to sound like a LOT of different guitarists). So with the cover band I use a Digitech GSP1101. I run mono-out of the GSP into the Both input on the Sunn. I use the Sunn's A/B switch to cut through the mix on solo's (channel B has the Volume a couple notches higher and a touch more high and mid). I also do NOT use the cabinet models on the GSP, just the amp models, and the Sunn in this case is basically just a big ol' power amp, not providing a lot of color to the sound.

Any other suggestions on a better configuration? I'm pretty happy with it as is, but if there are other/better ways to utilize this gear, I'm willing to try it out.

Thanks

-Red
Working...
X