Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I want to use elevated heaters in a Marshall amp. Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trobbins
    replied
    Perhaps 2x 470k in series if you don't have a 1M resistor that can handle at least 400Vdc.

Leave a comment:

• cluster
    replied
    So based to a voltage divider calculator a power source of 440VDC with R1= 1M and R2=100k should give me a 40VDC elevation.

Leave a comment:

• cluster
    replied
    Originally posted by Helmholtz View Post
    Do not connect the heater CT directly to a high voltage supply. You need a voltage divider and an extra filter cap as shown in the Valvewizard article or used in the Marshall JVM410.

Post your schematic and layout.
    Could you tell me how to calculate the resistor values to use for the divider? Ohm's law?

Leave a comment:

• Helmholtz
    replied
    Do not connect the heater CT directly to a high voltage supply. You need a voltage divider and an extra filter cap as shown in the Valvewizard article or used in the Marshall JVM410.

Post your schematic and layout.

Leave a comment:

• cluster
    replied
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DS can.png
Views:	374
Size:	891.8 KB
ID:	936499Would something like this work? Green CT from Filaments

Leave a comment:

• strato56
    replied
    The Marshall DSL401 uses elevated heaters.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Helmholtz
    replied
    http://www.valvewizard.co.uk/heater.html

Leave a comment:

• I want to use elevated heaters in a Marshall amp. Help.

Hello All,

I want to use elevated heaters in a Marshall High Gain Amp Design. How do I do it? Would I attached the CT of the filament to an un-used Positive Lug of a Can Cap with a resistor going to ground to lower the voltage. Would I need a balancing resistor between the 2 pos lugs if it were a dual can like a 16/16uF 450VDC? What formula would I use to determine the value of the resistors?? Can anyone explain the manner in which to do this correctly? Thx
Working...
X