Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Bandmaster Reverb Impedance question

Hello,

I added two 8" speakers built into the headīs cabinet since it is large enough to do that. Those have a total load of 4 Ohms.

The main and the extern speaker outputs are as far as I can tell parallel.

So if I to add a little more body to the two 8" speakers connected the ex. speaker output to a 16 Ohm 12" Orange speaker, my total load is 3.2 Ohms which the amp probably can handle.
    So that shouldnīt be a problem.

Or is there anything which I didnīt think of/know about?

Thanks in advance

That seems fine. Though bear in mind that the 16ohm speaker won’t be getting much of a share of the power. Which isn’t a problem, per se, it depends how the speaker sensitivities pan out to how much sound it contributes.
    My band:- http://www.youtube.com/user/RedwingBand

Comment

Originally posted by Grrrg View Post
      Or is there anything which I didnīt think of/know about?
      Do make sure all your speakers are wired for the same polarity.

This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

Theoretically a fifth which might help. So far it sounds good, but I have to check it tonight at rehearsal at realistic conditions. Not at home. Those 45W are loud!

Comment

Another large contributor to overall sound balance is the relative sensitivity of the individual speakers.

Comment

Originally posted by mhuss View Post
            Another large contributor to overall sound balance is the relative sensitivity of the individual speakers.
            Very true, and in many cases the sensitivity of smaller speakers falls behind that of larger ones. Especially at lower frequencies. (And of course there are exceptions so without knowing exactly what speakers are involved it's all just a WAG.) So grrrg's setup might work very well as-is. "Those 45W are loud!" might be an indication of a good review.
            This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

The speakers are Jensen C8R. And it sounded good tonight. Different to the Marshall 1960 I used before but that is no surprise. I get a way "surfier" sound now which suits me fine. The only thing is that the amp tends to get fuzzy at low setting when I use the SG. But I have to change the power tubes as well. They are pretty old now (7 years).

Comment

Working...
              X