Kicad Tube Library

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kicad Tube Library

Has anyone located a Kicad tube (not valve) library? The ones with Kicad have very different looking symbols from the schematics I see. A fellow started a library some years ago (example below) but I can't find a way to contact him. He was making symbols for tubes he encountered in antique radios.

I'd be interested in symbols for 6550, 12AX7, OC3, and other tubes used in Leslies and Hammond Organs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6a7.png
Views:	961
Size:	3.3 KB
ID:	966439

Has anyone located a Kicad tube (not valve) library? The ones with Kicad have very different looking symbols from the schematics I see.
    Tube=Valve so if you have one, you have both.

Maybe Kicad symbols are different from others, no big deal; as long as they show tube internal elements and pin connections, thatīs all you need.

Painting with a very broad brush, there are two styles, European and "American", and maybe other variations, such s "old" and "new", not sure which Kicad uses, but besides personal taste, they re functionally equivalent.

As a side example, "Americans" often draw resistors with a zigzagging symbol, Europeans often use rectangles ... no big deal.

In the old days, sometimes tube elements were drawn on their own, no indication of a glass envelope, go figure.

If you wish, please show side by side those you want and those you get.

Plan B:Kicad (and most schematic/PCB packages) lets you draw your own.
    Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

As JM said, tubes and valves are the same thing. Aside from that, you may find some useful information starting at reply #4 here: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/kicad/new-symbol/
      Originally posted by Enzo
      I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

It looks like I will have to make my own, which is fine. I just hate reinventing the wheel. Thanks for your input.

Comment

Originally posted by J M Fahey View Post
          Tube=Valve so if you have one, you have both.
          That's right but the tube/valve debate for file names is actually a thing:

https://forum.kicad.info/t/how-about-tubes/13212/5

While for me it's perfectly obvious that tube=valve, for many it's still an issue. Also on kicad I think there's more than one library out there, e.g. there's a valve and a valveS lib and they're different.

Valvulados

Comment

Working...
          X