1961 peavey classic 50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1961 peavey classic 50

Hey all I'm new here anyway i have an all original classic 50 i believe from 1961 anyone know much about these like value or if the mods from Blue guitar would work on them. I don't know if i really want to mod it though because it works fine and still has all of the original factory parts. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks Kevin.

Think Peavey's "Classic 50" went on sale in 1990/91........

Comment

Peavey didn't exist in 1961, maybe because it looks tweed like you think it's that old? that amp was built in the 90's.
      Stop by my web page!

Comment

no a friend of mine gave it to me he used when he was younger i know its not the reissue it don't have an effects loop and there is actually a link on peaveys web site that shows you the amp under vintage amps

Comment

here is alink to the manual http://www.peavey.com/media/pdf/manuals/vintage.pdf

Comment

Made in the early-to-mide 70's I think (Guitar Player featured one as a "pawn shop prize" about 10 years ago..).

Solid-state pre-amp with tube output, right?

Comment

Peavy "Vintage" and "Classic" (without the 50, as I recall) amps were mid-70's.

Classic 50 is definitely 90's.

Comment

Peavey has used the word CLassic in a bunch of models. CLassic 50 is a specific model and is not the same as a CLassic. There are also Classic VT and Classic VTX, which are similar to the old plain CLassic.

Though related, the Vintage was a different model, also hybrid.

Do a search at Peavey for CLassic, not Classic 50, and you should find a similar manual.

Post the serial number, or at least the first half of it, and we can tell you the age. Or you can call customer service at Peavey and tell them teh serial and ask the age.

These amps were indeed hybrids - solid state preamp and a tube power amp. There is not much to be modded here. These amps were LOUD.
                Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

I remember when these were brand new in about 1980 or so. A local store carried them and I ended up with the 6-10" model with about 100 watts or so and played the crap out of it for 10 years.

Sold it and the guy still has it and it still sounds awesome all these years later. Nice amps kind of a work horse but has a SS front end with a tube power section reminicent of the Music Man amps that were out about that time..tone wise fairly nice!
                  Turn it up! She's a good amp, just smokes a little!

Comment

Working...
                  X