Magnatone 213 or Titano 314 Transformer Specs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Magnatone 213 or Titano 314 Transformer Specs

I'd like to build a clone of the Magnatone 213 and am looking for some transformer specs. Plate voltage? Output transformer primary impedance? If I can't dig up the info I'll probably go with 340 volts on the plates and an 8K primary for the OT, like it was a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. Did Magnatone do anything different than Leo?

Originally posted by Diablo View Post
    I'd like to build a clone of the Magnatone 213 and am looking for some transformer specs. Plate voltage? Output transformer primary impedance? If I can't dig up the info I'll probably go with 340 volts on the plates and an 8K primary for the OT, like it was a 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. Did Magnatone do anything different than Leo?
    Thanks for sharing. It's geat
    [url=http://moviesonlinefree.biz/]watch movies online[/url]

Comment

Mr. LeonC was kind enough to measure the plate voltage on his original Magnatone 213. It's 360 volts on the 6V6 tubes.

Comment

You wouldn't go too wrong with 8K PP OT, or higher. I don't have a measurement on the original OT. The valve diode and bias you choose will influence the main HT level. My clone has 300V sec and GZ32 for 360V at idle, but I idle fairly cool at about 24mA, rather than up at 30mA. The 10k PP works well, and the vibrato is excellent. I chose to choke filter and zener regulate the screen supply at 260V, which is not normal or required.

Comment

Working...
        X