Faceplate for Silver Face Princeton Reverb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faceplate for Silver Face Princeton Reverb

Hey all, I've gotten a hold of a neglected '69 Fender Princeton Reverb. I think the thing as stored in a barn or wet basement. It had a fair amount of surface rust on the chassis, transformers, and tube shields. The tolex was half coming off. The faceplate was badly corroded with mineral deposits on it. After cleaning it the lettering is mostly missing and whatever remains is barely visible. I know finding one will take a lot of luck and timing as there are no after market ones. I continue to scour the web and watch Fleabay.

I would like to try to get one around 67-71(?) when the faceplate said "Princeton Reverb AMP". I know the later one dropped the word AMP. Does anyone have a SF faceplate they be willing to sell? Doesn't have to be perfect. Please drop me a line if you have one or know of one. Thanks

Good luck on finding a replacement. I've have a SFSR that had a MV pot installed right where the word 'amp' is on the front panel. Been looking for years. You can probably find a BF style. Maybe someone here knows where the SF panels are available.
    "In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is."
    - Yogi Berra

Comment

You may end up using a BF replacement.....thats all I can chase down ATM. But....its better'n nothin'....
      The farmer takes a wife, the barber takes a pole....

Comment

I agree that BF repro replacement is probably the best bet. There is a seller on ebay that goes by the name of "noojwut." This seller usually supplies kits consisting of chassis, panels and more for people that want to build repros. I'm sure he is not appreciated by Fender. Anyway...his product looks good in the photos he posts. I believe that he has sold panels as stand alone items. He is in Bangkok, Thailand. You can see one of his eBay auctions at Fender Princeton Reverb Chassis and much more - eBay (item 220687660005 end time Nov-23-10 17:18:44 PST)

Anyone ever buy from this guy? If so how did it work out?

Regards,
        Tom

Comment

Try these guys. I purchased a few SF Twin Reverb faceplates with great success. They are in Germany though...but shipping was no trouble.

TAD Online Shop

Good luck.
          Mandopicker

Comment

Working...
          X