Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

60's Royal Freshman? Anyone heard of this amp??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 60's Royal Freshman? Anyone heard of this amp??

I made the hugest score at a flea market in Kansas City, KS. I payed next to nothing (I will never tell!) for this amp and it sat in my garage for the last 3 years because I thought it was broken. Yesterday I plugged it in and voila, channel 2 works perfectly. For some reason channel 1 worked for 10 minutes after I brought it home then shorted out, which made me think the tubes crapped out. I just left it in a box in the garage.

It is probably 10 or 15 watts, it has 2 12AX7's and 2 different tubes (probably a rectifier and tremelo), and it sounds AMAZING!!

I have no idea where it was made and after 2 hours of searching on the internet I gave up. I found absolutely nothing on the net for the brand or model. On the black tweed speaker panel it says Royal and on the knob plate it says Fresh Man. It is all black. It is a combo with one 12 inch speaker. The speaker is original with the rare earth magnet. The whole thing weighs only about 10-15 pounds. It is as about as loud as a Fender reverb. There is a volume, tone, reverb, and tremelo knob. There is simply an on/off switch.

Anyone with ANY info on this amp, please let me know. I may not check this post that much so if you can help please email me at oregongrows@gmail.com.

Thank you all!!
Working...
X