No announcement yet.

SS PoS ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/amplification/guitar-amps/vintage-amps/50096-
    Late 60's Early 70's UNICORD Power Plus amp... any info?

https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=24631.0
    Late 60's early 70's Unicord Power Plus guitar amp

It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by vintagekiki View Post
      https://music-electronics-forum.com/forum/amplification/guitar-amps/vintage-amps/50096-
      Late 60's Early 70's UNICORD Power Plus amp... any info?

https://el34world.com/Forum/index.php?topic=24631.0
      Late 60's early 70's Unicord Power Plus guitar amp

Thanks!

I forgot that I made those posts...
      If it ain't broke I'll fix it until it is...
      I have just enough knowledge to be dangerous...

Comment

Ok, so I got the thing. Evidentally you guys already knew what it was, so do you still want pictures? Perhaps you can understand my confusion...
        Well, you know what they say: "One man's mojo is another man's mojo".

Comment

I only know what it is from reading the discussion we had in the earlier thread, but speaking for myself, that thread seemed to have pretty full photo coverage.
          Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Might be nice to see the guts of yours to see if the head and the combo are the same.
            I suspect they are but pics would be nice.
            Thanks!

Comment

Sure.

Comment

Thanks!

Interesting they used a smaller (shorter) reverb tank compared to my combo amp.
                Makes sense tho, there isn't enough room in the head for a full size tank.
                In mine the long tank is mounted vertically on the side wall of the cab.

The reverb in mine is absolutely cavernous sounding!
                Really nice and almost rivals my Fender Deluxe Reverb.

Comment

Originally posted by tbonuss
                  Thank you!
                  Nice photos

One ask.
                  I try to create some approximate idea of schematic based on photo layouts, using various sources where schematic are published..
                  I ask both owners to write down how many and which transistors were used in the PCB preamp. A vertical PCB I assume is an board for effect (vibrato & reverb), and a small transformer is most likely for reverb.
                  The JKE-2 is probably a tone color module similar to that used by the Ampeg.
                  For the power plus Unicord series, I found no clues other than the catalog published by galaxiex, and concluded from the catalog that the Delta has 60W.
                  Thanks
                  vk
                  It's All Over Now

Comment

Originally posted by Jazz P Bass View Post
                    Unicord marketed Univox. (and USA Marshal)
                    Interesting history: http://www.vintageunivox.com/history.html
                    Interesting read there Jazz.....

Comment

Sure thing VK. Is this helpful, or do you literally just want a list?

Comment

Originally posted by galaxiex View Post
                        Thanks!

Interesting they used a smaller (shorter) reverb tank compared to my combo amp.
                        Makes sense tho, there isn't enough room in the head for a full size tank.
                        In mine the long tank is mounted vertically on the side wall of the cab.

The reverb in mine is absolutely cavernous sounding!
                        Really nice and almost rivals my Fender Deluxe Reverb.
                        I'm pretty sure mine was a conversion. The drywall screws don't seem like something the OEM would have used .
                        Did you make any kind of schematic?

Comment

Originally posted by bsco View Post

Interesting read there Jazz.....
                          Wow. This is really fascinating. Thank you for linking that!

Comment

Originally posted by tbonuss
                            Thank you.
                            The photo you sent is enough to identify whether they are GE or Si transistors.
                            RCA40329, RCA 2613, RCA 40254 are Germanium Transistors.
                            This is a sufficient starting point, to try based on the internet schematics, to see if there is any similarity between Unicord and Unicord Power Plus.
                            It's All Over Now

Comment

You're welcome--do you want more pix? Or anything else?

Comment

Originally posted by tbonuss View Post

I'm pretty sure mine was a conversion. The drywall screws don't seem like something the OEM would have used .
                                Did you make any kind of schematic?
                                I did not make a schem for this one, tho I have traced and drawn many other vintage SS "cheap student" amps from the era.

At the time, I got the amp repaired, so I thought I'd not have any real need for a schem.
                                I could go back in, pull the boards and trace them to make a schem....
                                ... and I probably will at some point...
                                .... but right now I'm very busy with other "life stuff".... so it may be a while....

Sorry...

Comment

Working...
                                X