70s Peavey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Valvehead View Post

sounds like he stepping on a distortion pedal to go to distortion..mine sounds nothing like that.
    He says it's a Boss Super Overdrive.
    I had thought you were maybe talking about an 'overdrive' control, but I guess you mean channel volume up high, and master low? It's a solid state preamp so I don't expect much. Trying to get preamp distortion from a MusicMan hybrid amp doesn't sound good to me either.

Originally posted by Enzo
    I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Originally posted by g1 View Post
      He says it's a Boss Super Overdrive.
      I had thought you were maybe talking about an 'overdrive' control, but I guess you mean channel volume up high, and master low? It's a solid state preamp so I don't expect much. Trying to get preamp distortion from a MusicMan hybrid amp doesn't sound good to me either.
      Yes sir..its very unpleasant. Im replacing the electrolytics that are in the signal chain in the preamp , the 2uf as Enzo mentioned plus a few more . All voltages look great , cant see any leaky caps .. all the transistors have the correct voltages at all legs . Power tubes are good and biased . If the caps dont make it sound any better ....."it is what it is" . Its a free amp i can flip anyway and the parts cost me around 10 bucks...

Comment

Working...
      X