Trash find

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trash find

Sorry for just a random post like this..
    I found a TON of metal film resistors in a trash pile this morning.
    Was gonna find some stomp box plans and start building something that....well uses alot of resistors.lol
    Quick question.
    They look pretty old.Is there a shelf life?(for lack of a better word)

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0443.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	864690Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG0440.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	607.2 KB
ID:	864691

That's a pretty good find. Going by the label, they're predecessors to the current Vishay RN55 series of resistors. As for shelf life, probably a non issue with metal film and the age they are, assuming they were stored in tolerable conditions.
    -Mike

Comment

Good deal.
      Plenty of other values in the box too.
      Some are 150 count
      Strange how life rolls sometimes,I am getting into amateur electronics...and I find a box of resistors in the neighbors trash.

Comment

I love playing some of the chords. I've watched some of samples at youtube videos. And as I get the chords, I realize to convert it from MP3. I discovered this converter that converts YouTube music into Mp3. I have tried t and it was easy as 1, 2, 3 and the great thing is, it was so FREE!! just copy and paste the URL of the YouTube video and in a couple of minutes, it was converted. YouTube to MP3 Converter | flockee.com
        [URL="http://www.flockee.com/static/youtube-to-mp3/?category=youtube-to-mp3-converter"]YouTube to MP3 converter[/URL]

Comment

Oh well.
          Another Robot/FAKE user plugging some spyware .
          The usual random gibberish unrelated to what's being talked, plus the usual payload, as a link in the signature.
          Beware of clicking that link.
          Juan Manuel Fahey

Comment

Who's policing the site in Steve's absence? I sure miss Steve. Aside from his usual flawless observation he'd be ousting this crap as fast as it happens.

Not that I'm volunteering... My plate is full. But I'll pay two beer (any origin, American, Canadian or European) to the guy in the drivers seat to trash this guy (and make him/her self known).
            "Take two placebos, works twice as well." Enzo

"Now get off my lawn with your silicooties and boom-chucka speakers and computers masquerading as amplifiers" Justin Thomas

"If you're not interested in opinions and the experience of others, why even start a thread?
            You can't just expect consent." Helmholtz

Comment

Working...
            X