yankee ps-m2 pedal board supply failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yankee ps-m2 pedal board supply failure

looking for anyone that has knowledge of or experienced failure in one of these yankee ps-m2 units.this one was bought new. used it 4 months. circumstances were that it was well kept,used in dry conditions,kept in state of the art road case, never even hiccuped. put it away for a month. went to gig. plugged it up...dead. internal power fuse blown. replaced fuse...pop goes the new 1a fuse.
    any ideas appreciated
    thanx
    gordo

Does the fuse blow with nothing plugged in except main power?
    "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

Open it up, look for a shorted rectifier. Look for loose hardware inside. Does it rattle if shaken?

Did it blow a fuse with ALL little power cords unplugged from it? (Other than the mains cord of course.) one of the little cords could be shorted or damaged.
      Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo View Post
        Open it up, look for a shorted rectifier. Look for loose hardware inside. Does it rattle if shaken?

Did it blow a fuse with ALL little power cords unplugged from it? (Other than the mains cord of course.) one of the little cords could be shorted or damaged.
        the unit was unloaded-nothing plugged into it AFTER I replaced the fuse and powered up which resulted in another blown fuse.opened unit.no burns or burned odor.no shorted regulators or diodes.no rattles or loose components. torroidal transformer seems to be shorted on all legs.

Comment

Working...
        X