X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tdlunsfo
    replied
    1980 Boss CE-2 ticking

I have a black label CE -2, serial number 0000 on the bench. Pedal works well but has a ticking on or off and also notice a volume loss when comparing the pedal in and out of the chain. I've replaced all the power supply caps. The only thing left are the 1uf caps. I've checked the caps that I have pulled and they all test okay. ESR checks good on the remaining 1uf's. Surely they didn't let this thing leave the factory with these issues so I'm struggling to figure out what to fix. Weak chips? I may try to add shielded cable to the rate pot or Mark's mod with the resistor on pin 6 of the LFO. Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Leave a comment:

• tdlunsfo
    replied
    Just realized I posted this within the amp forum. Mods, can you move this to effects?

Leave a comment:

• tdlunsfo
    replied
    That's it. It actually works fine and sounds decent, minus the ticking.

Leave a comment:

• shortcircuit
    replied
    troubleshoot test and replace as needed. Don't know if this matches your model but it might help get the ball rolling in your favor

Click image for larger version

Name:	boss-ce2-chorus-schematic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	283.9 KB
ID:	853630

Leave a comment:

• tdlunsfo
    started a topic Early Boss CE-2 Ticking

Early Boss CE-2 Ticking

I have a black label CE -2, serial number 0000 on the bench. I can't get this thing to stop ticking both on and off. The ticking changes with the rate and increases with the volume. I've read up a lot on this issue and it sounds like it is a common problem. I've replaced all the power supply caps. The only thing left are the 1uf caps. I've checked the caps that I have pulled and they all test okay. ESR checks good on the remaining 1uf's. Surely they didn't let this thing leave the factory with this issue so I'm struggling to figure out what to fix. Since this is such an early model I hesitate to mod it. I may try to add shielded cable to the rate pot. Others have said this helps. Thoughts or suggestions?
    Last edited by tdlunsfo; 04-13-2019, 03:52 PM.
Working...
X