X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• louloomis
    replied
    Originally posted by Enzo View Post
    The bulb shines on a photcell, and the pedal works a shield to vary the light. Try cleaning the photocell.
    Good idea. I see where the photocell is. Do I clean the photocell with De-Oxit or? What do you recommend?

Thanks.
    LL

Leave a comment:

• Enzo
    replied
    The bulb shines on a photcell, and the pedal works a shield to vary the light. Try cleaning the photocell.

Leave a comment:

• louloomis
    started a topic Vintage Morley Power Wah Doesn't Always "Wah"

Vintage Morley Power Wah Doesn't Always "Wah"

I have a vintage Morley Power Wah. It is the big chrome unit with hardwired 2 prong plug, likely from the 1970s.

Recently, the "wah" effect itself has become intermittent. Sometimes it works and sounds absotuely perfect, other times the "wah" effect is gone and in its place is almost like a "limited-throw/very limited effect volume pedal"-like functionality when rocking the treadle.

I have a brand new bulb installed and it lights up and I can see it via the power lamp, which is illuminated.

Where should I be looking inside on the circuitboard to troubleshoot this issue? One or more components which I need to replace? If so, which ones?

I have replaced components on circuitboards before so I have good soldering skills, etc. I just don't know what is causing this problem inside this pedal.

Thanks in advance.
    LL
    Last edited by louloomis; 02-25-2020, 04:29 AM. Reason: Left out detail
Working...
X