Catalinbread Echorec crapped

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catalinbread Echorec crapped

I got this Echorec in a trade and it seemed to work though I didn't really use it. anyway, it's been sitting a year and today I was dusting off stuff for evaluation & plugged it in. it seems to do fine below "8". there's nothing at all above "8". there is a blend knob for straight and processed signal, but above 8 it makes no difference, there is no sound

does anyone know anything about this pedal?

got a schematic?

You could simply have a pot problem - try Deoxit and see if this helps. In the absence of a schematic take a look at the ICs that are responsible for the echo. Depending on what's fitted you may have a pair of chips in the form of a delay + clock pair. You can then refer to the manufacturer's spec sheet for the IC(s) to get a good idea of how they're implemented. Most pedals don't stray too far off the typical circuits that manufacturers publish and may just have some peripheral component variations as well as additional features added such as an oscillator to modulate the delay to give pitch variation.

Comment

yeah... I kinda figured that might be it since it seems to be changing what it does. I plugged it in yesterday and it was different, with the bald spots moving around. thats my plan today some time, to hit it with the DeOxit. thanks..

Comment

If the bad spot is moving in relation to pot rotation, it suggests possible contamination with the internals of the pot. I would blow it out with some air before using the Deoxit in case there is a piece of something that has found its way inside the pot.
        "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

the de-ox did nothing. its back to being dead on function 8 and up. I'll try some air. tnx guys

Comment

I just took a look at the manual and now realize I'd assumed the control is a pot, but it looks to be a 12 position rotary switch - is that correct? If so you'd need to understand the switching and check each position with a DMM.

Comment

it feels like a pot... no detents. 12 positions over about 300 degrees of rotation. got a schematic?

Comment

No schematic - I did take a look but nothing. It may be worth asking the manufacturer for some advice - you may not get a schematic but they may be willing to provide some direction on where to look or what may be wrong.

Comment

Working...
                X