Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
    ... I don't see a rating system ...
    https://music-electronics-forum.com/help#account_overview/account_reputation

Reputation is a way of rating users depending on the quality of their posts. If the administrators have enabled reputation, then the like icon will be visible in posts ...
    ... your general reputation will appear within the user information of your posts. These show as small graphics or pips under your Avatar. As your reputation inceases, the number of pips or graphics will increase ...
    It's All Over Now

Comment

Yup been to account settings. No reputation setting. As you can see from previous post reputation and many other differences occur by viewing options. It would be nice to see posts in the same way whether you select "Posts" or "Latest Activity" modes of viewing.
      When the going gets weird... The weird turn pro!

Comment

I like to view a continuing thread in "Latest Activity" so I don't have to work as hard to find the last page posts.
        Look at the list of threads on the 'todays posts' page. To the left of each topic is a double arrow pointing down. That will take you to your first unread post in that thread. That is the button I use.
        To the far right of each topic is a double arrow pointing right. That one takes you to the last post, regardless of where you left off previously.
        Both those arrows give you 'posts' view in chronological order with full user info.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

I like the blue arrow thing and I have my settings set to display latest activity. It's just strange when you view posts chronologically it shows up more like old style MEF but reverse the thread it shows up in a different style.

Comment

Regarding PM's, if you start a conversation by clicking the bubble next to a users avatar, there is no option for a subject line. All such PM's will be titled 'chat with [user name]' in your inbox. This makes them very difficult to sort.
            If you go to your message center, and click 'compose new', you get to use a subject line.

The good part is you can now load attachments into PM's.
            I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

Just to note that there is no longer a Donate button. I think with all the work Tboy is putting into the upgrade and sorting out stuff that it would be a good time to donate a bit. Just saying...

Comment

How cool is this! <staring up in awe> its all shiny and modern looking in here.
                The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Just to note that there is no longer a Donate button. I think with all the work Tboy is putting into the upgrade and sorting out stuff that it would be a good time to donate a bit. Just saying...
                  Oh yeah, Im in!
                  The only good solid state amp is a dead solid state amp. Unless it sounds really good, then its OK.

Comment

Agreed, what's the easiest way to donate? As in, I would head to the referenced button but, being missing, is there somewhere else I can shuffle a few pounds across to? Or is it something that will no doubt pop up further into the upgrade?

Comment

• Originally posted by g1 View Post
                      There is a place to turn off the rep levels in settings I think?
                      There is: User Settings > Account > Reputation Level
                      -tb

"If you're the only person I irritate with my choice of words today I'll be surprised" Chuck H.

Comment

• Originally posted by DrGonz78 View Post
                        Originally posted by mikepukmel View Post

Oh yeah, Im in!
                        Originally posted by OwenM View Post

Agreed, what's the easiest way to donate? As in, I would head to the referenced button but, being missing, is there somewhere else I can shuffle a few pounds across to? Or is it something that will no doubt pop up further into the upgrade?
                        The old donate button was a link that sent a paypal donation to support@firebottle (dot com). I'm sure if you go into paypal and enter that email address as payee, you can still donate.

Comment

• Originally posted by tboy View Post

There is: User Settings > Account > Reputation Level
                          I have looked there numerous times and still nothing that says Reputation Level.

Comment

• I can't find anything there either. I need to make sure I have a great reputation.

Greg

Comment

• Go to the top of the page bring down menu under your name, select (user settings). When that screen comes up select (account) it's next to profile, a few lines down you can enable on/off reputation. Also agree with donate suggestions, thanks tboy for all you do.
                              Last edited by shortcircuit; 06-15-2020, 01:19 PM.
                              If you don't know where your going any road'll take you there : George Harrison

Comment

• Last night I searched for enable Reputation Level setting and it was not there. Now today it did appear but not sure why it was not there before. Either way the site is coming along nicely.

Comment

Working...
                                X