WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The same thing happens to me.
    The portal regularly reports that there are notifications, Email does not report anything.
    It's All Over Now

Comment

• Same here. Used to work OK.
      Experience is something you get, just after you really needed it.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickb View Post
        Used to work OK.
        Not always. I think this has been a long running intermittent problem, so maybe not forum software.

Originally posted by Enzo
        I have a sign in my shop that says, "Never think up reasons not to check something."

Comment

• Still no notification emails. Always worked before, though sometimes with a bit of a delay.

- Own Opinions Only -

Comment

• Same at me, no notification emails.
            It's All Over Now

Comment

• Notification emails work from this morning.
              Thank good people.
              It's All Over Now

Comment

• I noticed a new button today - "infraction." How is this supposed to work? tboy - please clarify this new function, how's it supposed to work? TIA!
                This isn't the future I signed up for.

Comment

• Ahhhh...the marvels of technology.....the more advanced it gets the worse it is....I am sure that tboy is doing all he can to work out the software bugs....I definately would not have the patience to do it.....hats off to you sir....

Comment

• Still, some things I did on v4 that I don't know how to do on v5?

B4 on a thread I could tell who read the posts and when, by looking at the bottom of the thread?
                    Anyway to tell who's read the thread on v5?
                    For example, this thread has been looked at 3020 times, but no listing of who they might be?
                    On v4, they would be by login, listed on the bottom.

tnx,
                    T
                    "If Hitler invaded Hell, I would make at least a favourable reference of the Devil in the House of Commons." Winston Churchill
                    Terry

Comment

• I've noticed that the MEF clock seems to still be on daylight savings time. If I post something at say 6:15 PM, the time stamp shows 7:15. No big deal but it is a little disconcerting.

I'm sure Enzo will agree. Living in today's complex world of the future is a little like having bees live in your head. Isn't that so? Bzzzzzz.......

Comment

• Oh AMEN.

I go to make a phone call, the wife perks up and says I can just hit redial or punch something else into the phone, the number is in there already. Uh huh... You know, I have my little rolodex right here and seven clicks later the number is dialed on the phone. I don't carry a cell phone, but I have several web sites I do business with (pharmacy, whatever) that always try to divert me to update my personal data to fill in my "mobile" number. No combination of n/a or none will enter. I contact and ask how to get it to stop asking, and they tell me I can't.
                        Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Oh yeah. It's not just online. Even lots of stores ask you for your cell # and other personal info when you buy something these days. I always decline. Sometimes I'll get a look as if to say, "What's wrong with you? Everyone else complies."
                          "I took a photo of my ohm meter... It didn't help." Enzo 8/20/22

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dude View Post
                            Oh yeah. It's not just online. Even lots of stores ask you for your cell # and other personal info when you buy something these days. I always decline. Sometimes I'll get a look as if to say, "What's wrong with you? Everyone else complies."
                            They want to sell your number to some outfit that will pass it along to cold call marketeers. Sheesh, just what we need. If you just bought a shirt at the department store, what do they need your number for? So they can call you in 5 years and say we think your shirt's worn out, you should stop in and buy a new one?

One thing that's OK during pandemic time, bothersome calls from fake computer repairmen in the subcontinent and bogus cops begging for donations have faded to almost nothing. Around here anyway. Hooray for that.

Comment

• Oh I still get plenty of police begging calls.

"Oh, good, you're there. I was just about to warm up my answering machine voice, heh heh..." Then I have to shout to break into his script to say my automatic, "We don't respond to phone solicitations, thank you" and click them off.
                              Education is what you're left with after you have forgotten what you have learned.

Comment

• Originally posted by Enzo View Post
                                I have several web sites I do business with (pharmacy, whatever) that always try to divert me to update my personal data to fill in my "mobile" number. No combination of n/a or none will enter. I contact and ask how to get it to stop asking, and they tell me I can't.
                                I don't carry a mobile phone either. If mobile number is a "mandatory field" on the site I just enter a made up one with the right number of digits. I got that trick from my bank. I was at the local branch one day and they had to enter a mobile number to complete a transaction. I said I didn't have one and they said "that's OK we have a fake number we can use"

Comment

Working...
                                X